Mamaroneck United Methodist Church
The Mamaroneck United Methodist Church (546 E. Boston Post Road) was constructed in 1859. The Church's architect was Solomon Gedney. The Church was listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1992 for its Gothic Revival architecture. It was constructed with a wood frame with a gable roof. Church website here.
St. Thomas Episcopal Church
St. Thomas Episcopal Church (168 W. Boston Post Road) was built beginning in 1884 and completed in 1886. The Gothic Revival-style Church is constructed of Belleville brownstone with a red slate gable roof. It features a square tower on the north façade with clock faces and louvres. The St. Thomas Episcopal Church complex was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2003. Church website here.
Walter's Hot Dog Stand
Walter's Hot Dog Stand (937 Palmer Avenue) was constructed in 1928. The restaurant was established by Walter Warrington in 1919. The building is typical of the attention-getting style of roadside restaurants in the 1920s. The restaurant has a pagoda-style roof, two Chinese lanterns, and two giant carp. Walter’s was listed in the National Register of Historic places in 2010. Walter's website here.
Photo credit: All photos taken by Don Sutherland.